As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
How to Cook food in Ark: Survival Evolved is an essential aspect of the game. It provides you with a steady source of sustenance and helps you stay alive in the dangerous wilderness. However, cooking food in Ark can be a daunting task, especially for new players who are just starting out. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about cooking food in Ark and provide you with some helpful tips to get you started.
Before you can start cooking food in Ark, you’ll need to gather some basic resources. The first thing you’ll need is a campfire, which you can craft using thatch, wood, and flint. Once you’ve built a campfire, you’ll need to gather some fuel, such as wood or thatch, to keep the fire burning.
Next, you’ll need to gather some food. There are several different types of food in Ark, including meat, berries, and vegetables. You can obtain meat by killing animals, while berries and vegetables can be gathered from bushes and plants.
Once you’ve gathered your resources, it’s time to start cooking!
Cooking Meat for How to cook food in ark
Meat is one of the most important sources of food in Ark. There are several different ways to cook meat, but the most common method is to roast it on a campfire. To do this, simply place the raw meat in the campfire’s inventory and light the fire. The meat will slowly cook over time, and once it’s done, you can take it out of the fire and eat it.
Another way to cook meat is to use a cooking pot. A cooking pot allows you to cook multiple pieces of meat at once, and it also lets you add other ingredients to create more complex dishes. To use a cooking pot, simply place it on a campfire, fill it with water, and add your raw meat and any other ingredients you want to use. The cooking pot will slowly cook the food, and once it’s done, you can take it out and eat it.
Cooking Berries and Vegetables
Berries and vegetables are another important sources of food in Ark. While they can be eaten raw, cooking them can provide additional benefits, such as increased nutrition and reduced spoilage time.
To cook berries and vegetables, simply place them in a campfire or cooking pot with some fuel and let them cook over time. Once they’re done, you can take them out and eat them.
Using Recipes for How to cook food in ark
As mentioned earlier, a cooking pot allows you to create more complex dishes by using recipes. Recipes are combinations of ingredients that produce a specific food item with unique benefits.
To use a recipe, you’ll need to gather the necessary ingredients and add them to the cooking pot. Once you’ve added all the ingredients, the cooking pot will start cooking the food, and once it’s done, you can take it out and eat it.
Here are some popular recipes in Ark:
- Lazarus Chowder: This recipe requires raw meat, berries, carrot, savor, and water. Lazarus Chowder provides increased oxygen regeneration, making it useful for underwater exploration.
- Focal Chili: This recipe requires cooked meat, citron, lemongrass, carrot, and water. Focal Chili provides increased movement speed and reduced stamina usage, making it useful for traveling long distances.
- Broth of Enlightenment: This recipe requires cooked meat, rare mushrooms, sap, and water. Broth of Enlightenment provides increased experience gain, making it useful for leveling up quickly.
Tips for How to cook food in ark
- Cook in batches: Cooking food in large batches can save you time and resources. Instead of cooking one piece of meat at a time, try to cook multiple pieces at once to maximize your efficiency.
- Use preserving bins: Preserving bins allow you to store cooked food for longer periods of time. This can be especially useful if you have a surplus of food and want to save it for later.
- Keep an eye on spoilage: All food items in Ark have a spoilage timer, which determines how long they can be stored before they go bad. Make sure to keep an eye on the spoilage timer and eat or store your food before it spoils.
- Experiment with recipes: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different recipes and ingredients. You never know what unique benefits you might discover!
- Use a cooking pot over a campfire: While a campfire is a great starting point for cooking food, using a cooking pot can provide additional benefits, such as the ability to cook multiple items at once and create more complex recipes.
- Make use of dinos: Some dinosaurs in Ark, such as the oviraptor and the dung beetle, have unique abilities that can help with cooking and food production. For example, the oviraptor increases egg-laying rates, while the dung beetle produces fertilizer that can be used to grow crops.
Cooking food in Ark is an essential aspect of the game that can help you survive in the harsh wilderness. By following the tips and strategies outlined in this guide, you can become a master chef in no time. Whether you’re roasting meat on a campfire or creating complex dishes with a cooking pot, cooking food in Ark is a fun and rewarding experience that will keep you fed and healthy throughout your journey.