As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Welcome to this flavorful journey where we will be making a recipe for chicken burritos with rice, perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. In this recipe, we will explore the flavors of seasoned chicken, combined with fluffy rice, and wrapped up in a soft, warm tortilla.
A Flavorful Experience Awaits
Brown rice and succulent chicken strips form an amazing duo when combined with finely chopped bell peppers, corn, spinach leaves, and tantalizing spices. This simple and versatile chicken burrito recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or for hosting a scrumptious feast that will sure to please every palate.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, and green)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Your choice of toppings, such as * Sour cream * Salsa * Guacamole
Method of Preparation
Preparing the Chicken and Rice Mixture
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and taco seasoning, and cook until no pink remains (about 6-8 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the skillet, shred the chicken, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the uncooked rice, chicken broth, and lime juice. Cook according to package instructions (usually about 18-20 minutes). Once cooked, remove from heat, and stir in chopped cilantro. Fluff the rice with a fork, and set aside.
Preparing the Burrito Filling
In another skillet or wok, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped bell peppers, corn, spinach, red onion, and garlic. Sauté the vegetables until they are softened and fragrant (about 4-6 minutes). Stir in the cooked, shredded chicken, cooked rice, chopped cilantro, cumin, and chili powder. Mix well to combine all the ingredients, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until everything is heated through. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your preference. Remove the skillet or wok from the heat, and allow the mixture to cool slightly before assembling the burritos.
Assembling the Chicken Burritos with Rice
Lay out a large flour tortilla on a clean surface or cutting board. Spread about 1/8th of the chicken and rice mixture diagonally across the middle of the tortilla, leaving about an inch of space on the sides. Add a sprinkle of shredded cheese (if using) on top of the mixture, followed by your choice of desired toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, or guacamole. Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then fold the bottom flap up and over the filling. Tightly roll the burrito closed, tucking in the ends as you roll to help secure it. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas and filling until all the burritos are assembled.
OPTIONAL: Crispy Burritos
For a more indulgent experience, you can create crispy burritos. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a little bit of oil and gently place a fully assembled burrito seam-side down onto the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the burrito’s exterior is golden brown and crispy. Be cautious not to let the burrito overcook or burn. Remove from heat and proceed to the next burrito. Cook all burritos similarly, adding oil as needed.
- To serve, either cut in half diagonally or leave whole. Arrange the burritos on a platter, and offer additional accompaniments such as salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for guests to enjoy.
- For a complete meal, serve alongside a fresh green salad, grilled veggies, or your favorite Mexican-style sides such as refried beans, black beans, or a light cucumber salad.
- If desired, you may serve with a delicious homemade[-With-lime A flavorful journey](#Withlacocom/c Pasay recipe), educing-a z p-3600)
- For larger gatherings, consider preparing a welcoming buffet style, allowing your friends and family to build their own chicken burritos with rice and choose from a wide variety of flavorful toppings and sides.
- Pair with a refreshing margarita or a cold bottle of beer for an enjoyable dining experience.
Let this flavor-packed Chicken Burritos with Rice recipe take you on a culinary adventure that combines taste, texture, and satisfaction. These delightful burritos are perfect for lunch, dinner, or even a show-stopping party meal. So gather your loved ones, roll up your sleeves, and enjoy every delicious mouthful of this delectable dish. Happy feasting!
Prep Time, cook time, additional time, total time, serving?
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook
Time: 25 minutes Assembly Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 8 burritos
Nutrition Fact Of Chicken Burritos with Rice:
- Calories: 450 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
- Sodium: 800 mg
- Potassium: 500 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Vitamin A: 1500 IU
- Vitamin C: 40 mg
- Calcium: 200 mg
- Iron: 4 mg
Please note that these nutritional values are approximate and may vary depending on the ingredients and brands used.
In conclusion, this Chicken Burrito with Rice recipe is a delicious and crowd-pleasing meal that is perfect for any occasion. The versatile ingredients, flavorful filling, and optional crispy exterior make these burritos a fantastic choice for both casual lunches and extravagant parties. With a variety of toppings and side dishes to choose from, everyone can create their perfect burrito. Don’t forget to try pairing the meal with a refreshing drink like a margarita or cold beer to make the experience even more enjoyable. Happy cooking and bon appétit!